Laura Fedeli e Pier Giuseppe Rossi sono guest editors del numero speciale New Perspectives in Online Education: Environments, Approaches, Authoring Tools in uscita per la rivista International Journal of Virtual and Personal Learning Environments (IJVPLE).
La call for paper è aperta e la scadenza per l’invio dei contributo è il 1 maggio 2018
E-learning has been radically changing in the last decade, not only because of the development of new technologies such as 3D virtual environments, the use of mobile devices and augmented reality apps, but mostly because users’ approach and expectations are being affected by a different conception of what learning through online technologies mean.Also the idea of interaction, collaboration and support during the learning process are acquiring new dimensions in the online and blended solutions. The daily and informal quick, short and usable interactions allowed by communication systems that run on smartphones and mobile devices are often being translated into the educational context requiring the instructional designer to enhance synchronous communication tools and reconsider the functionalities of the asynchronous ones.
The issue aims at:
- Discovering different perspectives on how online interactions and dimensions are affecting educational settings
- Showing the current trends in the instructional design field when associated with mobile technologies
- Reflecting on how writing/collaboration and reflection processes are changing and have been developed in the last years through online environments
Topics to be discussed in this special issue include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Research studies on the effectiveness of the use of 3D digital environments
- Research studies on theoretical aspects (e.g. new dimensions of virtuality, sense of presence, etc.) tied to the use of specific digital environments in the educational settings
- Case-studies of online and blended courses in which the role of the teacher-tutor acquires new dimensions: are there new teaching profiles?
- Case-studies of online and blended courses in which the communication/interaction tools may affect the formal/informal dimension: how does this mixed dimension affect the teaching/learning process?
- Case-studies of courses designed to be developed with the support of mobile technologies
- Reviews of the last decade approaches in online learning: e.g in what aspects MOOCs are showing their effectiveness?
- Reviews of the last decades authoring tools designed to be used in the instructional design and/or in the development of the learning process through online environments
- Prototypes of tools to improve collaboration and interaction in the design process.
- Prototypes of tools to improve collaboration and interaction in the teaching process.
- Prototypes of tools that promote integration among different levels: design, teaching, support of the teaching/learning process.
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit papers for this special theme issue on New perspectives in online education: environments, approaches, authoring tools on or before May, 1, 2018. All submissions must be original and may not be under review by another publication. INTERESTED AUTHORS SHOULD CONSULT THE JOURNAL’S GUIDELINES FOR MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSIONS at http://www.igi-global.com/publish/contributor-resources/before-you-write/. All submitted papers will be reviewed on a double-blind, peer review basis. Papers must follow APA style for reference citations.
All submissions and inquiries should be directed to the attention of:
International Journal of Virtual and Personal Learning Environments (IJVPLE)